- in Google Plus , Google+ , Search Engine Optimization , SEO by Allyn Cutts
7 Ways Google+ Makes Since For SEO
7 Ways Google+ Makes sense for SEO
Google+ has so far not been taken very seriously by businesses aiming to market their products and services. This is quickly changing! Google+ has now positioned itself nicely to challenge Facebook as a major social network for business. Websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and over 925,000 people join Google+ each day! Put together all the functionality of your Google account, and big search engine benefits, SEO Services Sydney you have something we can get excited about.
How to utilize your Google+ Local listing
Here are seven ways to get your Google+ page to help your business.
- Your Google+ profile – Complete it. Do this with some thought. Make sure you use engaging photos and images, and link to your other social media profiles.
- List your key information – In particular hours of operation, contact details, as well as maps and directions.
- Link to your blog or site – Make sure you link to your main business blog or site. This will provide added traffic and a great link.
- Create your business page –You can create content of any length, including video. This has strong benefits for search results as well as for folks that find you on Google+.
- Link to your other content – Link out to your blog posts. In addition to having them indexed nearly instantly, this also has a number of SEO advantages. You can also use your Google+ page to create posts, complete with multimedia that can link to your pages elsewhere. The possibilities are staggering.
- Utilize Direct Connect – Utilize this feature in Google+ to let people to add you to circles whenever they find you in search. Think of this as a Facebook “Like”.
- Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts – Whenever you hold a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and sends you the recording via email. You can then upload to YouTube if you want, or use it on your site or in private. One fantastic way to use it is to create impromptu product demos.
This barely scratches the surface of what’s possible with Google+ on starting your own blog. To discover even more strategies as well as a cool infographic on the subject see this post on CopyBlogger.