Mobile Apps For Business
Mobile Apps for Business: How do you decide whether or not to develop a mobile app for your business?
Mobile site or mobile app? That is the question. Do you require one or the other, or both? Knowing your businesses’ needs goes a long way toward helping you decide whether or not to spend the time and money needed to develop and put into play a mobile app for your small business. Does a mobile app make sense for your company? What are the costs, both in building one and in maintaining one? Do you have someone capable of updating it? You need the answers to these and many other questions before you can really come up with a wise choice. Let’s have a look at a few of the pros and cons.
The Pros and Cons of developing a mobile app for your business
- More than 50 percent of adult Americans use smartphone technology
- Enables you to brand your products and services easier
- Increases customer retention and loyalty, as the app is constantly in front of them
- App users typically spend far more time on apps than on mobile sites
- Mobile apps usually load faster than mobile sites
- Mobile apps are available offline, though users will have to login to perform any actions, such as purchases
- Mobile apps are required for each different mobile platform
- Mobile apps need constant maintenance, in terms of fresh content along with technology updates
- Mobile apps are not as easy to optimize as a mobile website
- Mobile ads may well serve the same purpose
- Apps can be very expensive! If you go the Do It Yourself route, be ready for a lot of headaches, as they constantly break, and need to be updated.
We all know there are as many uses for an app than you could ever imagine, however some are superior to others. Here is an example of how apps were created in the health care market. Making sure your app is useful and not a mere novelty goes a long way toward helping you make your decision. While it’s a given that you need a mobile version of your website, the question of whether or not you should shell out what might be big bucks for an app is one you need to look at thoroughly. Take the time to weigh the pros and cons for your business before you leap into building a mobile app!